The resources are informational pages providing an overview of bicycling in today’s transportation system, information about bicycle crash statistics and analysis, and selecting and implementing bicycling improvements. Start with Background and move through the following sections if you would like to learn more about bicycling safety and mobility.
- Understand what is needed to create a viable bicycling system.
- Crash Factors
- Learn about the factors related to the bicycle crash problem.
- Crash Analysis
- Learn how crash typing can lead to the selection of the most appropriate countermeasures.
- Learn how selected treatments may address many requested improvements to the bicycling environment.
- Read about the necessary components for implementing bicycle treatments.
- More Info
- Access additional information about bicycle safety and mobility through these lists of related web sites, guides, handbooks, and other references.
- Access print versions of the guide in PDF format.